Balustrades are used to prevent the risk of falling. The minimum height of a balustrade is set by law. Foldam’s solutions ensure that your balustrade always complies with the regulations without compromising your freedom of choice. We supply customised solutions for many different applications. From renovations to new buildings, in every conceivable design.
- Complete solutions | Customised balustrades for various applications with maximum freedom of choice of design.
- Safety | Safe fencing in accordance with the Buildings Decree and Accessibility Act.
- Durable | Hot-dip galvanised and powder coated in any colour.
- Quality | CE marking according to EN1090-1 for steel constructions.
Specific requirements and regulations for balustrades
An all-in-one solution also includes advice that meets your wishes and the current situation. Are you making a balcony or gallery higher? If so, the balustrade will most likely no longer meet the required minimum height. Even in older buildings, the balustrade may be lower than the current standard.
Is the difference in height measured from the ground floor:
- less than 1 metre? No fencing necessary.
- Between 1 and 13 metres? A fence of at least 1 metre high is required.
- Between 1 and 13 metres and does the construction serve as a venue for gathering? The fence may as low as 0.7 metres, provided that the balustrade is at least 0.4 metres wide.
- More than 13 metres? You will need fencing at least 1.2 metres high.
Variation in appearance and atmosphere
Steel can be easily combined with other materials, allowing you to create your desired look and feel. For example, a combination with glass gives a feeling of spaciousness, while steel cables have a more industrial look and feel. Whatever you choose, with Foldam you are always assured of safe fencing and railings with optimal freedom of choice of design.
View a high-profile project for a first impression of the possibilities.
We invite you to contact us for advice, a quotation and a design that fits your needs.